Old 19-03-2004, 03:02 AM
Janice

Default rhubarb variety for New England?

On 18 Mar 2004 15:37:59 GMT, (Trudyjh) wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good rhubarb variety for zone 6? Thanks.

Depends on what kind of rhubarb you want. If you don't mind green
stems, Victoria grew well and HUGE for me. I have pretty decent soil,
It had leaves that were near 3' long, but.. green stems.

I planted a red all the way through variety last year, I'm waiting
still to see what it does. I think it's "strawberry". My problem has
been buying it, and not getting it planted ;-)

Janice