Old 19-03-2004, 04:09 AM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Euphorbia mellifera

The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:

In article , Chris Boulby
writes

Thanks everyone. I've taken a closer look at the bottom of the stems
(was looking for big shoots like my E. 'Great Dixter' does each year,
but now I see there are new shoots, though they are thin and wiry, right
at the base near the soil. I'll be patient (mother always said I was
born without it).

Chris - remember E mellifera is a giant - mine has got up to 6ft across.
And it doesn't die down each year. So, since yours is a tiny one year
old seedling, it's going to have tiny shoots - wait till it's got up to
adult size, and then you'll see big shoots!

I'm nurturing a couple of seedlings in the cold frame because I
thought mellifera was a bit tender..does yours suffer from cold at all,
kay?

Janet