Old 19-03-2004, 01:42 PM
broomhilda

Default Angel Trumpets

I dug up roots and put them in sand in my basement. So maybe I won't have
anything this year at all. I am a snowbird (go to Florida every winter and
north in the spring) so it isn't safe to leave green plants there.

I have a wonderful neighbor who goes in and water the greenery from time to
time but he forgets, I think, as each year some of them don't make it.
Great neighbor though. He not only waters my plants but feeds my cat and
when we are there (up north) when it snows, he plows our driveway before his
own and my driveway is about a quarter mile long.

Neighbors and driveways are not gardening so I'll hang up.

Can't wait to get north and get my hands in the dirt.

Most plants come from tip cuttings, and bloom the first year. Maybe yours
were stem cuttings, which need more growth before blooming? I had up to 50
blooms on each of my first year plants at once, which bloom in waves in
summer and into fall. Certainly impressive! Maybe yours will do better for
you this season.
Most of my neighbors had to have a cutting for themselves or family
members; the main plants I took cuttings from were badly cut up because of
this, but still bloomed their heads off
I'm putting a bunch of them out this year, and will see which types grow

and
bloom best here in zone 8. Frosty, Seuss, Alba, and Butterfly have all

done
just Wonderfully so far. I'm going to take a second look at Datura too.
Maybe I could learn to like it better.