Old 19-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Frogleg

Default Chainsaw?

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:06:55 GMT, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

The message
from Frogleg contains these words:

I want to get a chainsaw for yard clean[u]p,

If your arms get very tired after one cut with a bowsaw, they are
going to find the vibration and extra weight of even a small electric
chainsaw a whole lot worse.*Please* don't use any chainsaw unless you
have strong arms, have been on a training course on safe operation, and
are wearing full safety equipment from head to toe (which costs a lot
more than a cheap chainsaw). One of the first things taught on a basic
training course, is only to operate the saw while standing on the
ground, unobstructed, with open space behind you, and not to cut above
the level of your shoulder. Think about that in relation to your
overgrown bushes and trees.

Thanks, Janet. I *have* been looking at articles on safe operation,
and indeed, the safety equipment would cost a great deal more than the
saw. I believe I can borrow a hat and eye protection in the
neighborhood. Boots/shoes are a problem.