Old 19-03-2004, 06:16 PM
Rick

Default Eradicating BBA

"Aqua" wrote in message
om...
Is there a website that elaborates on the Tom Barr method of dosing?

http://www.dlink.org/aqua/e_index.html

Tom is a regular contributor to the Aquatic Plants list which you can join
at

http://www.actwin.com/mailman/listin...quatic-plants. This is an
excellent site for just about everything to do with plants and even fish.
Members of the group are very helpful and include several noted plant
experts. Join the list and post a message giving complete details of your
tank, water, plant load, etc and ask for advice on Tom Barr dosing. I'm sure
you will find that Tom will come back with a dosing schedule for you.
Basically Tom's method or at least the one he provided me was dry dosing
ferts a couple of times a week and doing weekly 50% water changes which
resets the tank and does not allow the ferts to build up to dangerous
levels. I did it since November and it did improve the overall condition of
my plants. I have just recently gone back to dosing PMDD and biweekly water
changes to see what if any difference it will make.

Rick