Old 19-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Martin Sykes

Default Summer and Winter pots

"pat" wrote in message
m...
Due to my and disability, I am considering keeping separate winter
pots (eg for daffs) and different pots for a whole host of summer
bedding. I plan on leaving the daffs to die off in their pots during
the summer months. Would this be OK?

Put everything in one pot so they flower through the year and then you won't
have to move the pots at all. The stuff which is coming up will help hide
the foliage of the things that are dying down. You could have a few siberian
iris then daffodil then tulip then gladioli and have the whole lot growing
up through low greenery such as variegated ivies to give a bit of
all-year-round interest.

I'm not sure why separate pots would be easier for you unless you're
planning on leaving the 'dead' pots next to the 'live' ones.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )