Old 19-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Cereus-validus

Default Basic plant root question

Plants don't have a circulatory system?

What are phloem and xylem then?

What's wrong with your so-called theory is that its not based on any
observations nor research.

Go and check out a website or two or more on basic plant anatomy and don't
get back to us. Better yet go to the library and read up on the subject.

"Bruce W.1" wrote in message
Please correct me if I'm wrong, and I probably am wrong.

Plants don't have a circulatory system. There is no circulatory loop
like with mammal blood. All moisture goes from the roots up. This is
caused by moisture evaporation from the leaves.

Theorhetically then, you could chop off a plant at ground level and
connect the stem to a vacuum suction pump and the roots wouldn't know
the difference, the roots would continue to grow.

What's wrong with this theory? Or might it actually work? If not then

why?

Thanks for your help.