Old 19-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Brian

Default Monarch caterpillars eating all the milkweed!

These seem to be rather selfish butterflies. Surely they could adorn your
garden and leave their offspring elsewhere?
Perhaps if you want the cake you should eat it?
You could reduce the caterpillar numbers by hand without greatly
affecting the outcome and some of the milkweed might survive, but as the
larvae grow so will their appetite! Killing the children will hardly
encourage the parents!
Best Wishes
"Genevieve" wrote in message
om...
I want to encourage butterflies in my garden, but the caterpillars are
consuming the milkweed plant. The plant is practically leafless now.

Will the plant bounce back? How should I deal w/these critters?

Genevieve
Zone 9