Old 20-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Frogleg

Default Chainsaw?

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 00:42:11 GMT, "Stephen M. Henning"
wrote:

Frogleg wrote:

I want to get a chainsaw for yard clean[u]p

What everyone is saying is true but there is another option that is
better. There are new inexpensive motorized pole saws that are
sometimes called power pruners, or prunning sticks. The saw is a
miniature chairsaw that would easily cut 3" branches at any height. The
fact that you can hold the pole at a distance greater than your height
makes it almost impossible to hurt yourself.

Oh, I'm sure I could hurt myself. :-) I just discovered one of these
at the Home Depot site. It looks like a good idea (just "light weight"
mentioned -- no specs in pounds), even 'though twice the price of the
non-extensible sort.

I haven't seen any in Walmart
but they may be getting them in. Or a local dealer may take the Walmart
card as credit for one or someone my buy the Walmart card. It is worth
a try.

WalMart online doesn't have one, and Googling on gift cards doesn't
turn up any "we'll take XXX card" -- just offers to swap for a reduced
amount of cash. Drat.