Old 20-03-2004, 02:53 PM
GrlIntrpted

Default OT- Pop Up help

Thank you all for the termendouly helpful information.

Much appreciated,
Mariana

"Ray" wrote in message
If you buy Ad-Aware Plus (no need to go to the "Pro" version for a single
computer), it includes Ad-Watch, which is also an effective Pop-Up

blocker,
in addition to registry guard, etc.

. . . . . . . . . . .
"molli" wrote in message

The Professional version of Ad-Aware (the one you buy) is even better!

We
just got it, and it caught stuff the freeware version didn't. I also

use
the google toolbar popup blocker. Am going hunting for the Spybot

and Destroy now. Thanks for the tip on that one.
Hugs,
Molli

. I use Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, and the Google Toolbar

which
blocks pop ups. I also run SpywareGuard and WinPatrol which keep my

browser
from being hijacked and keeps anything from being installed or run

that
don't want. All of these are free (One of my favorite words) and all

work
great.

Shell

"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message
t...
I apologize in advance for the OT, but I've seen tech issues

addressed
in
this forum previously so I am hoping someone can assist.

In the past 3 days I started getting an unbelievable amount of pop

ups.
If
I leave my computer on and unattended for 10 minutes, there will be

so
many
of them when I return, that I will need to re-start my machine. It

is
out
of control and I have no idea where it came from. Along with it, I
started
receiving and a tremendous amount of spam into my inbox. I'm not

certain
that they are related, but what I am certain about, is that I want

put
an
end to it. Is there any software, or any other things that I can do

keep
all these unwanted solicitations at bay?

-M