Old 20-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Dewitt

Default Beginner

On 20 Mar 2004 07:28:48 -0800, (Liz
Harket) wrote:

Has anyone any hints on growing orchids from scratch. I have one bulb
(i'm not even sure if that is what they are called) which has a shoot
about seven inches long, how long before it will flower? I have some
others waiting to be planted. Can they be outside in pots? I have no
greenhouse, but someone in Madeira told me that they would be OK

There are thousands of species of orchids, so without more information
we really won't be able to help much. If you could post a picture of
what you have to alt.binaries,pictures.orchids, we might be able to
tell you something about it.

Most orchids orchids require temperatures above 50 F, and so can't be
grown outside all year round in many locations. However, many can be
grown indoors or brought inside during the cooler months.

deg