Old 20-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Laura Stanley

Default Fast growing shade tree-Florida

Yes, I think you're too far south for red maples. Sorry, I don't have any
good suggestions for S. Florida.

You can look at this link for some ideas:
http://miami-dade.ifas.ufl.edu/progr...arge-trees.htm

Also, I got lots of hits from a google search on the words "fast growing
shade tree South Florida". Maybe if you look through those links and find
some likely prospects, you can ask around for others' experiences with those
particular trees.

Good luck,
Laura

"Bill" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:04:33 -0600, "Laura Stanley"
wrote:

We need to know *which* part of Florida you're in - there's a big

difference
in climate between N and S.

Bradenton/Sarasota area.

Those Maples are great...but,I'm not sure in my area.

"Bill" wrote in message
.. .
I'm looking for a fastgrowing shade tree for my front yard. I live in
Florida. Any ideas.

Thanks,
Bill