Old 20-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Al

Default Apology to RGO newsgroup

Welcome to our little corner of Usenet. :-) Apology accepted. It *is* a
wonderful day for a picnic, isn't it!?

I must confess that I didn't see your picture, Troy, and I didn't see Mick's
initial response to it although I can well imagine what it must have looked
like. I am using adelphia Usenet servers to view this newsgroup and they in
turn draw their newsfeeds from giganews. I think giganews blocks picture
files in non-binary hierarchies but I don't understand where Mick's initial
response to it went. So, the first I have seen of this little spat is this
apology. I suspect there are a large number of people who never even saw
your picture or Mick's initial response to it. But I may be wrong. I often
am. Did any adelphia users see this picture?

I also noticed this apology on abpo, but again no picture or Mick's
response. You didn't need to apologize to *abpo* for posting a picture.
That is where you can post them without fear of offending our delicate
sensibilities.

FWIW, I kind of liken this type of crime to putting your elbows on the table
during our picnic. Pure Evil. A picnic with visible elbows! However, I am
puzzled that the punishment for this infraction seems to be the forced
removal of your arms above the elbow with a chain saw. That is just so
"Alice and the Red Queen," because I *do* think that chain saws are as
inappropriate at meals as elbows. All this bar and chain oil flying
everywhere. It's really quite messy, don't you think? But, I'm hardly Miss
Manners and what do I know? Yet, if I *had* known there would be chain saws
I would not have brought my good table linens to the festivities.

From where I am eating it looks to me that Mick, far from disliking
pictures, actually lies in wait for them. He calls it dirty work, I think,
but if it makes him money, ah well.... I guess a chain saw at the table is
here to stay. I can imagine a worst case scenario where doppelgangers (my
favorite word) newbies post pictures and run but I am sure that's not
happening here. Mick always demonstrates far too much honor for me to
suspect him of being party to such a thing.

If I have any say in this at all, and I am sure I don't, so I won't go on
too much longer, I would ask Mick to be a bit nicer the first time a new
poster does something as horrible as what you have just apologized for
doing. But short of asking I do not see what else I can do so I hesitate to
get involved.

Well, isn't it a lovely day? Could someone please scoop the blood and
bar/chain oil from the top of the fruit salad and pass it this way. Thank
you.

"Troy House" wrote in message
Wow, Mick

The upload to RGO was certainly an error, and I do sincerely apologize to
all. (My news reader added the address automatically and I was unaware it
was sent to RGO until I was so informed.)

I was also going to order from your company, OrchidFlask.com, but having

now
experienced your attitude, I can only imagine how you treat your customers
and their questions.

I can't believe that a few orchid photos could cause one so much rage.

--
Troy House