Old 20-03-2004, 08:12 PM

Default Chainsaw?

a small electric chainsaw is not Freddy Kruger. I use glasses but nothing else in
the way of "protection". loose gloves may prevent a good grip. I have used both
electric and gas. It is important to learn how to cut properly (down and not with
the tip), but the new chain saws have fast brakes on them to stop em when the finger
is lifted off the button AND a small chainsaw has almost no kick back to it. there
is no way in hell I can use any kind of manual saw for very long, but the electric
and gas are fine and dont tire my arms at all and I am whimpy. it is important to
learn how to prop downed trees when cutting them up so the cut doesnt grab the
chainsaw cause lifting those trees to get it loose is hell.
it is important to know where the cord is at all times, and never have the cord under
ones feet when doing a cut. I always leave myself room to move back if what I am
cutting starts to move towards me.
BTW, not everything is suitable to cut with a chainsaw. those damn honeysuckles are
too "whippy" unless you can get all the way to the base to cut them. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.