Old 20-03-2004, 11:10 PM
John Bachman

Default Chainsaw?

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 21:11:16 GMT, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

The message
from (DavesVideo) contains these words:

Janet

You also need chainsaw trousers which have a fibre lining to choke and

stop a moving blade.

And special socks? :-)

The trousers overlap the protective boots.

One should always be carefull, but if I had to wear
special clothes when ever I use my chainsaw, I would probably never use it.

Really? I don't know any professional chainsaw operator who doesn't
wear full gear, even for a very simple half hour job.

I am not a "professional chainsaw operator" but I do use mine
commercially doing pruning jobs.

I agree with Janet. The chainsaw is easily the most dangerous tool a
homeowner is likely to use. Equip yourself properly or do not buy
one.

Another often overlooked safety procedure is to keep that sucker as
sharp as the day it was bought. Learn how to sharpen the chain and
make sure that it is sharp before every use. Danger happens when the
user is trying to cut with a dull saw.

JMHO

John