Old 20-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default THANKS - AND THANKS FOR NOTHING

The message
from Salty Thumb contains these words:

I think you people are way off. There isn't anything needy or
emotionally needy about Helen's behaviour. She doesn't need to send
seeds and she doesn't "need" to get a response. Her reaction
to the lack of response is classically maternal ... after having sent
off her well wrapped babies into the world, she rightfully would expect
to know if they arrived safely or were eaten by a squirrel. Facing
unknown results, she's become more protective of her adoptive progeny
and given stern notice to the thankless squirrely folks out there that
there will be no more free lunch.

-Dr. S. Thumb, Ph.D.
Board Certified by the National Academy of Nut Seasonings

Thankyou for putting it in a nutshell. I shall attempt to gnaw it.

S. Nutkins.