Old 20-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Larry Dighera

Default Apology to RGO newsgroup

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:26:24 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote in Message-Id:
:

I actually think that a much more serious offense is whenever we reply to
pictures on abpo with meaningful and worthwhile textual content that could
be of benefit to others. And I don't know whether that is an offense against
the charter, but if it is not it really should be. Since abpo is not
archived and many people have access only to rgo, these messages that really
should be in rgo have a limited audience if they are not forwarded to rgo.

It is a shame that the textural _information_ (as opposed to
meaningless chit chat) posted in a.b.p.o is lost to posterity.
However, binary newsgroups are specifically intended for binary files
not text. Perhaps it should be suggested that _informational_ text
message posted in a.b.p.o be cross posted to r.g.o. Would that would
help?