Old 21-03-2004, 04:02 AM
Stephen M. Henning

Default Chainsaw?

(Roy) wrote:

Well I would say the utility companies that clear right of ways, as
well as the largest Arborist and trimmin company in the USA Asplundt,
as well as Davey Tree, rarely if ever do I see them using chainsaw
chaps. Hearing and eye protection yes, other than that is steel toed
boots, and pants of their choice as well as a company T shirt. Even
the professional loggers here don't go to that extreme.

I worked for the Forest Service on a forest fire crew in Oregon. We had
extensive training in safe use of chair saws. We didn't have too much
protective clothing other than fire retardant clothing and hard hats.
We were barred from steel toed shoes since they caused more toe
amputations than they prevented. We always wore hard hats and goggles.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman