Old 21-03-2004, 04:12 AM
Dave

Default Plant health when adding salt

ok.....lets try again...

i've been informed that my comunity tank fish would benefit from added salt.
so 3 teaspoons to 3 litres.
4.5 litre to uk gallon?

google says it 3.8 litres to 1 us gallon.

so 3 teaspoons of salt to 0.8 us gallon.

any better?

"ToiletDuk" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 00:49:44 GMT, "Dunter Powries"
fech.redcaps@spedlinpoo wrote:

Dave wrote in message
I have just started to add 3 heaped spoons of salt to 9 litres of

water,
and
wondered if this would be too much for my plants? I cannot tell you

what
any varieties are but in general wondered if this was a safe level to

add?

thanks
Dave

Well, bearing in mind that you didn't say what size the spoons were or
whether you are planning to can or refrigerate the pickles and that I

don't
know what a litre is equivalent to in 'real' (American) measurement, I
should say that you will be perfectly safe so long as you DO NOT REMOVE

YOUR
SAFETY GOGGLES at any time.

You're welcome.

Dunty Porteous,
Human Sacrifice

I usually go by mouthfuls - 3 spoons = 1 mouthful.