Old 21-03-2004, 04:17 AM
jane

Default Out like a lion..........

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:52:36 +0100, martin wrote:

~On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:52:48 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
~wrote:
~
~
~"Sacha" wrote in message
~ how's everyone else doing in these gales? It's truly vile down here!
~ --
~
~Windy here too, with occasional drizzle, but it's done some good, it's blown
~any surface muck on our pond all down one end making it easy for me to net
~it all out. Of course it did blow the net inside out at one point and I got
~it straight in the face. :-(

Yuk!

~Suns out right now.
~
~The buoy that measures wave heights off Lundy has blown away.
~Elsewhere in the Bristol Channel waves are 5 metres high.

Chilterns: mostly sunny, but have already had to rescue the dustbin
lid, the Christmas tree (potted, but still not too heavy to blow over)
and various bits of other tree. We lost all the trellis and the
honeysuckles in the last bad blow, so at least they're not going to go
again. So far we still have a TV aerial, and I am glad the car's
hiding in the garage.

At least something is happening in season - given we should get gales
at equinox time.

--
jane

Mark Twain