Old 21-03-2004, 04:18 AM
Chris Hogg

Default Azaleas

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:02:13 +0000, Chris Boulby
wrote:

Thanks for that, I've always been curious about these things, but never
thought to ask anyone before. I do buy one or two bags of ericaceous
per year, to put around azaleas, blueberries etc, but sometimes wondered
whether I could get away with just putting peat down. Now I know
better.

Ah, but you're talking about using peat as a mulch, which is very
acceptable IMHO, except it can dry to a rather unwettable surface in
summer (a touch of detergent in the water helps at such times). I was
talking about using it as a potting medium, which is rather different.

--
Chris