Old 21-03-2004, 05:02 AM
Aus News

Default o/t Replace Tap Washer

Search the net... Here is only one of many about replacing tap washers -
http://freespace.virgin.net/bob.bailey2/driptap.html - this ones got
diagrams...

You have to get a largish wrench or socket around the head of the tap
(whatever it's called) - where the spindle goes in and unscrew that. There
is a tool that you can get at a hardware store that looks like a sparkplug
wrench (tube about 100mm long, with ends made to go over the spindle, to the
head-bolt) that you can get. Sometimes an adjustable wrench will work...

It's not hard when you know what you are seeing and have the tool...

Good Luck

"Wanda Too" wrote in message
I'm trying to replace the washers in the taps in my shower recess, so far
without luck.

I've turned the water mains off, have managed to get the nut thing off the
tap, but I can't see how to take the tap apart. I've tried turning it

until
it's full on, trying to pull it off. It just aint budging. Any ideas?