Old 21-03-2004, 01:27 PM
Fred Garvin

Default OT- Pop Up help

"GrlIntrpted" wrote in
t:

I apologize in advance for the OT, but I've seen tech issues addressed
in this forum previously so I am hoping someone can assist.

In the past 3 days I started getting an unbelievable amount of pop
ups. If I leave my computer on and unattended for 10 minutes, there
will be so many of them when I return, that I will need to re-start my
machine. It is out of control and I have no idea where it came from.
Along with it, I started receiving and a tremendous amount of spam
into my inbox. I'm not certain that they are related, but what I am
certain about, is that I want to put an end to it. Is there any
software, or any other things that I can do to keep all these unwanted
solicitations at bay?

-M

fgj

--
My other machine runs Linux!
Try a live distro today! Mepis or Knoppix.