Old 21-03-2004, 02:54 PM
DavesVideo

Default Chainsaw?

Roy

Well I would say the utility companies that clear right of ways, as

well as the largest Arborist and trimmin company in the USA Asplundt,
as well as Davey Tree, rarely if ever do I see them using chainsaw
chaps.

That's why I did a double take at Janet's post. For 25 years my father had a
logging busines in upstate new York and I had never even heard of chainsaw
pants. There were only a few minor accidents to the loggers and more accidents
of chainsaws smashed by a tree falling the wrong way.
The main safety rule is to know what you are doing. For example, I am by no
means an expert at felling trees. I might take down something up to 9" or 10",
but that's about it. Right now I need to remove a dead Black Walnut abut 13" or
14". I will hire someone to take it down, but cut up the downed logs myself.

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave