Old 21-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Air layer question

I have not found anything in the archives about this topic.
Around here
there is no sphagnum moss sold in stores but there is something

called
green moss for hanging baskets. It is long and stringy like

sphagnum,
but is green. Is there a big difference between the two or

will the
green moss work for air layers just as well?
Brian Sunset Zone 12 Tucson AZ

I have no idea what "green moss" is, but I'd bet it isn't
sphagnum. I can't believe, however, that as many nurseries (by
nurseries I do NOT mean Home Depot and other places of that ilk)
as there are in Tucson that you can't find a bag of sphagnum
moss. Too many gardeners are thinking too strongly about air
layering this time of year. Even (especially???) in the desert.

Anyway, check the Yellow Pages and call a few nurseries. You
will find it.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++