Old 21-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Donald Graft

Default Excuse the cross post, BUT...

Many viruses fake the "from" line. They pick one at random
from the address book of the infected PC. So it is simply the
case that some infected guy out there has you in their address
book.

Don

"rtk" wrote in message ...
Mail is being returned to me because it contains a virus, mail that
supposedly COMES FROM ME. I looked up a few names that I'm supposedly
sending infested mail to and they are on the four newsgroups that I
occasionally frequent. There are not many being returned, but I imagine
there are many more being received. Of course, everyone knows better
than to open any attachments and I definitely have not done so, so I
don't know how this happened. If your mail appears to be from me, it is
NOT. Toss it. I have also received similar wormy notes from some of
you who I definitely know would not send such slimy stuff.

Ruth Kazez