Old 21-03-2004, 03:34 PM
older molly

Default FAQs re cats-can't find

Martin Sykes wrote:

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
I have never seen a cat owner carefully scoop the crap into a plastic
bag, then hurl the whole lot into the nearest bush.

....which I agree is disgusting behaviour but you'd complain even more if
people let their dogs wander around your garden crapping in your borders.
This really isn't about whether cat owners are better than dog owners (I am
personally neither), its about people expecting to enjoy their own gardens
without suffering due to other people's pets. But... A responsible dog owner
wouldn't dream of letting their dog crap in someone elses garden without
apologising and cleaning it up whereas many 'responsible' cat owners seem to
think the same behaviour from a cat is perfectly acceptable.

The bottom line though is that I accept you can't control what a cat does. A
cat owner doesn't really own or have any control over a cat beyond what the
cat sees as in its immeditate best interests. So to all you cat owners out
there, your cats *are* a proven nuisance to others but there's nothing we
can practically/legally do about them so just shut up and let us moan - it's
your penance for inflicting your cats on us.

Often mess blamed on cats is actually made by hedgehogs, who's turds, to
the unknowledgeable, look exactly like cat turds. These animals also
like to snout about in fresh turned soil and newly planted seedlings for
small beetles and grubs at night.
guide to a well behaved parrot
Guide to companion parrot behaviour
My Parrot My Friend.