Old 21-03-2004, 05:02 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Chainsaw?

The message
from (DavesVideo) contains these words:

Roy

Well I would say the utility companies that clear right of ways, as

well as the largest Arborist and trimmin company in the USA Asplundt,
as well as Davey Tree, rarely if ever do I see them using chainsaw
chaps.

That's why I did a double take at Janet's post. For 25 years my father had a
logging busines in upstate new York and I had never even heard of chainsaw
pants.

I live in rural Scotland, where there's a big forestry industry and
constant work clearing utility lines etc. Those people all wear full
protection. Remote-area access to medical help can be slow.

We have strict work-safety legislation in the UK; employers who fail
to implement it can face closure, prosecution for failing to prevent
injury, compensation claims etc. High-risk industries are likely to
insist on safety-compliance by workers, as a condition of employment.

YMMV.

Janet.