Old 21-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Roy

Default Chainsaw?

Well it seems as a whole most all European countries take things to
thre maximum. Just look at all that fancy gear the garbage collectors
in england use, or the street workers speeping curbs etc in Germany.
You weould think they are dressed for a massive catasrophe. The Japs
are another bunch that take things to the extreme. Guess its because
things are so mandated by the government agencies etc in those areas.
Just look at the forest wardens that clean limbs etc oin German
forests.........dressed to the extent they are hilarious in what they
have on and the exquiste colors.

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:33:15 GMT, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

===The message
===from (DavesVideo) contains these words:
===
=== Roy
===
=== Well I would say the utility companies that clear right of ways, as
=== well as the largest Arborist and trimmin company in the USA Asplundt,
=== as well as Davey Tree, rarely if ever do I see them using chainsaw
=== chaps.
===
=== That's why I did a double take at Janet's post. For 25 years my father had a
=== logging busines in upstate new York and I had never even heard of chainsaw
=== pants.
===
=== I live in rural Scotland, where there's a big forestry industry and
===constant work clearing utility lines etc. Those people all wear full
===protection. Remote-area access to medical help can be slow.
===
=== We have strict work-safety legislation in the UK; employers who fail
===to implement it can face closure, prosecution for failing to prevent
===injury, compensation claims etc. High-risk industries are likely to
===insist on safety-compliance by workers, as a condition of employment.
===
=== YMMV.
===
=== Janet.