Old 21-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Offbreed

Default Excuse the cross post, BUT...

Pond Newbie wrote:

Sidenote:
SMARTER SPAMBOTS-
Be warned that spambots are 'learning' to strip the "NO_SPAM" "DO_NOT_SPAM" "spam" etc
from email addresses. It is best to use something creative, that doesn't reference spam,
so they don't know how to extract your valid email address.

Something that is catching on is to use "spam" as part of your legit
e-mail addy. The spambots make the addy invalid by stripping "spam".

I've found the number of spams hitting my inbox has dropped to near
zero since switching to a hotmail account for news group posting,
probably due to the filtering used by M$.

You are supposed to be able to use Outlook Express to retrieve i-mail
from there, but I suggest that is a very poor idea. Use the browser
and let M$ worry about viruses in *their* machines. (I figure I'm
doing them a *favor* by getting them lots and lots of virus samples.
BEG)