Old 21-03-2004, 08:42 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

Default Bulgarian Carrot Hot Pepper

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 12:53:38 -0500, "Ken Anderson"
wrote:

I ordered "Bulgarian Carrot Hot Pepper" seeds form Park's. Is anyone familiar
with it? Actually, what I'm hoping to find is a hot pepper that has a
berry-like fruitiness to it, but without the high heat.

This will be my first year growing Bulgarian Carrot peppers, too.
I've all kinds of good things about them, so I can't wait to try
them.

As an example, Thai
Hot has a delicious fruity flavor to it when you first bite it. But about two
seconds later the heat overtakes your senses.

Have you ever tried Mirasol peppers? They're only medium hot, but
they do have a hint of fruitiness. Check out some of the paprika
peppers, too. Some of them have a sweet kinda heat that's very
interesting. Lemon Drops have a definite citrus edge to their
flavor, but they're hotter; not as hot as Thai peppers, but
still, ...er... hottish. Oh, and Pulla or Pulli, not sure which,
is supposed to have a bit of a licorice flavor, but I've never
tried them.

Maybe such a thing doesn't exist?

With the thousands of varieties of peppers out there, I'm sure
there's one that will give you the flavor you're looking for.
Now, finding it might be a different story...

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"