Old 21-03-2004, 11:28 PM
Jon Shemitz

Default Bulgarian Carrot Hot Pepper

Ken Anderson wrote:

I ordered "Bulgarian Carrot Hot Pepper" seeds form Park's. Is anyone familiar
with it? Actually, what I'm hoping to find is a hot pepper that has a
berry-like fruitiness to it, but without the high heat. As an example, Thai
Hot has a delicious fruity flavor to it when you first bite it. But about two
seconds later the heat overtakes your senses. Maybe such a thing doesn't
exist?

I'm very fond of the "Pretty In Purple" purple pequin. They sell it as
an 'ornamental', but it has that nice habanero fruitiness without
quite so much bite - more comparable to a serrano. It's good, sliced,
on pasta with garlic and olive oil; it makes a wonderful hot sauce,
chopped fine with vinegar and salt.

--

programmer, author http://www.midnightbeach.com
and father http://www.midnightbeach.com/hs