Old 22-03-2004, 12:08 AM
House of Paisley

Default Physan & Orthene Q

They are medium borers, so I don't think that will be an issue. This
is not the company I bought mine from, but here is the information
on them.

http://www.biologicco.com/products/L&G%20scanmask.htm

I suppose there might be a downside. Doesn't everything have an
upside and a downside depending on your point of view? These
are invisible to the naked eye. I haven't pulled out the magnifying
glass to see if I could spot them with that.. but so far I was happy
enough to buy another group, and they are just sitting in my fridge.
I figure I could easily spend 30 bucks on pesticides for the life
of the nematodes, and I don't have to constantly worry that I am
using too much or too little to handle the problem. I am a skeptic,
so another month or so of warm weather will be the test to see
how they are handling things. I always seem to have a problem
with bugs in the in-between seasons, and so far I don't even see
my usual outbreak of whitefly.

Crystal
--
http://home.comcast.net/~xtals/orchid.htm
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Crystal,

I'll be interested in knowing how the BN's work out. I grow outside under
screening, though, not in a greenhouse, so I don't know if that solution

is
workable.

Do these critters have a down side? Here in FL, nematodes are the scourge
of anyone who tries to grow squash, cucumbers, that sort of thing. I
imagine the one I'm referring to is a different variety. Maybe time for
some research.

Tx

Diana