Old 22-03-2004, 12:12 AM
House of Paisley

Default Physan & Orthene Q

Be prepared to be discouraged. I found the mantis to be pretty
useless. Most don't survive molting. They really aren't that great
of a pest reducer. But they can be fun to watch.

Crystal

--
http://home.comcast.net/~xtals/orchid.htm
"Matthew Donadio" wrote in message
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Crystal,

I'll be interested in knowing how the BN's work out. I grow outside

under
screening, though, not in a greenhouse, so I don't know if that solution

is
workable.

FWIW, I haven't tried beneficial nematodes, but I do buy ladybugs to

control
aphids in my outdoor gardens, and they seem to work. I buy one or two

bags
a year, and release them as necessary. They will stay dormant if you keep
them in the fridge. This year I plan on getting a few praying mantis

pods,
too.

--Matt