Old 22-03-2004, 05:13 AM
RichToyBox

Default Salt ...

There are arguments pro and con on the use of salt. I will stay out of that
argument. Most that use salt routinely will use 0.1% salt. For treating
parasites, the amount needs to be 0.3% and for some of the salt resistant
parasites, 0.6%. The only way to know how much salt to add is to know how
much salt you currently have in your pond. Salt does not evaporate, but is
reduced by water changes. Go to http://www.click2roark.com which require
registration, but a good site, and use the salt calculator.
--
RichToyBox

"Bill Kerrell" wrote in message
Now that winter is over and the algie is in full bloom .. so it seems. I
was wondering about resalting. Our pond was put in in July of last year. We
had added salt to start, now is it time to resalt and how much? Our pond is
1500 gallons. Do I broadcast it or put it throught the filter?
Thanks,
Bill - Pensacola, FL