Old 22-03-2004, 09:36 AM
martin

Default OT Civilised World?

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:05:51 -0000, "Andy Hunt"
wrote:

I've heard that Switzerland is quite civilised. Must be all that Nazi

gold
and general confiscated holocaust booty that enables them to pay for

their
stupendously clean and beautiful country.

It could be just that the Swiss are hardworking and have low taxation
and haven't wasted their assets on wars for about 400 years.

Could be . . . unlike certain countries for whom wars ARE an asset - those
which host huge weapons manufacturing companies, like ours, for example.

the Swiss host an enormous weapon manufacturing company, Contraves but
don't let that spoil a good argument :-)

Not to mention the monosodium glutamate WMD factory/mines of Maggi.

Incidentally (well, for this thread in any case) I got two really quite
decent solar LED garden lights from Wilkinsons yesterday for £8. Now

THAT'S
what I call civilised!

Made by slave child labour in the third world.

Really? Maybe I should have got them from the CAT at £50 each . . . I'd
certainly be interested in your sources for that piece of information, then
I can warn everyone else about it. I've thrown the box out now,
unfortunately.

How else do you think they can be made at UKP4 each?

You suffer from double
standards or what? You'll be telling us how cheap stuff is in IKEA
next.

I surrender! Please don't shoot! I don't shop at Ikea!

Nor me since I saw a documentary on where and how their stuff is made.
That coupled with the way their stuff falls apart :-)