Old 22-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Franz Heymann

Default OT Civilised World?

"martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:24:49 -0000, "Andy Hunt"
wrote:

I've heard that Switzerland is quite civilised. Must be

all that Nazi gold
and general confiscated holocaust booty that enables them

to pay for their
stupendously clean and beautiful country.

It could be just that the Swiss are hardworking and have

low taxation
and haven't wasted their assets on wars for about 400

years.

In fact, they have reaped a considerable income from hiring
out people to other countries for making war.
(I cannot remember whether it was Liechtenstein or
Switzerland from where 80 mercenaries went out to fight in a
war somewhere and 81 returned.)

Incidentally (well, for this thread in any case) I got

two really quite
decent solar LED garden lights from Wilkinsons yesterday

for £8. Now THAT'S
what I call civilised!

Made by slave child labour in the third world. You suffer

from double
standards or what? You'll be telling us how cheap stuff is

in IKEA
next.

Franz