Old 22-03-2004, 03:02 PM
escapee

Default Ok to Transplant Budding Rose?

On 21 Mar 2004 23:18:35 -0800, (Fleemo) opined:

I was about to transplant a climbing rose in my yard, but found that
it's covered with buds about to bloom. (It's been an unbelieveably
warm March here in Northern California!) Would I be doing the plant
harm by transplanting it just as it's about to bloom?

Thanks.

-Fleemo

Roses have terrible root systems and are very fragile. I transplanted a climber
last year in early march and it didn't leaf out again till mid June. I don't
suggest it, but you can try and see what happens.