Old 28-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Yucca Schidigera extract

saponin, aka NoburN what is its, how does it work?

Well, you could have looked it up . . .

Saponin seems to be a naturally occurring compound found in yucca
and other plants that has some kind of antibacterial use in the
meat packing industry, and a _possible_ anti-fungal use on
plants. Near as I can tell from another very brief web search,
its use in both of these areas is still experimental.

NoburN seems to be a flame retardant, with some potential for use
in controlling wildfires. Again, a simple web search produced
immediate hits.

If you want to know how it works, that's more research on a
non-bonsai subject than _I_ am willing to do. But I bet you
could find out for yourself.

I wouldn't us it on anything but a dead bonsai.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Crabby

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++