Old 22-03-2004, 04:37 PM
dave weil

Default First buds

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:48:33 -0600, dave weil
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:12:26 GMT, "MT girl"
wrote:

I'm not happy. I am really anxious for spring now.

Oh well. Sorry.

And of course, here in Nashville, we might not have snow, but it's
going to be sub-freezing for the second night in a row. Tonight, it's
going to be 26 degrees. Glad I planted those later-blooming narcissi.
They've just now started throwing up bloom stalks and they aren't open
yet. It's going to be sad looking at all of the drooping
currently-blooming beautiful narcissi in the next day or two, but
that's just part of living in Nashville, I suppose.

Right now it's 38 degrees outside.

One good thing about the deeper frosts at this time of the year -
usually they only hit those lows for a short period of time right at
dawn, instead of being that cold for hours at a time.