Old 22-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Hal

Default Salt ...

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:46:25 GMT, wrote:

what is the natural salinity in your water? Ingrid

Hal wrote:
I'm past that this
year and I'm 150 miles North of the Florida border.
Hal

I'm not sure, but less than .02% out of the tap, which is the lowest
reading with my test kit. The test calls for two drops of #2
solution, but reads the same with one drop. I can't get any closer
because I never measured a half a drop before.

After I clean out the plant pond and refill after the fall cleanup I
check and add salt for the winter, bringing it to a .1% solution.
That usually doesn't drop past .04% before I do it again the following
fall.

Regards,

Hal