Old 22-03-2004, 06:39 PM
D Russell

Default Birdsong?

"Nick Wagg" wrote in message
"John" wrote in message
In a Garden Centre in Ivybridge, Devon, one is greeted with 'piped'
bird song. Although it's only a recording, it is very effective.

They have it in Huntingdon GC too. I prefer the real thing but
it's better than nothing.

The reason I mention it is that the gardens around my home have
- during the past half a dozen years - become sterile of birds.

I'll not go into the reason for obvious reasons, but it occurs to me
that a poor second choice to true bird song, would be the mentioned
disced copy.

Does anyone know of a disc of British bird song? Not one
of those with musical background - or dreadful shrieking choir -
but genuine, honest to goodness birds singing their hearts out.

IIRC, the RSPB web site has some for sale.
--
Nick Wagg

There was a chap in London on one garden show, his whole roof was his garden
and he'd installed small speakers all over the place to pipe through bird
song. So I guess these things exists, just offering up a small glimmer of
hope.
Duncan