Old 22-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Pam Moore

Default Growing mint from cuttings

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:43:42 GMT, Tim Tyler wrote:

I'm trying to grow some mint from cuttings.

Mint is /supposed/ to root easily - but I'm having some problems.

I've tried putting the cuttings in water, but find that they wilt
faster than they take up fresh water.

I acquired, by mail order, some "special" mint which arrived at the
end of last year. I decided to keep it inside for the winter. It
sprouted well and got leggy so I cut it back, and put the cuttings in
water. They rooted very quickly and I potted them up. I later cut
those back and now have the 3td lot already rooted in water.

Maybe the super market or fruit shop ones react sifferently. In
principle they should behave the same.

Pam in Bristol