Old 22-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Rod

Default Can I save my wind damaged Damson Tree?

On 22 Mar 2004 14:54:03 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

You can attempt to reduce fungal attack to the heartwood, but the
breakage was probably caused by previous fungal attack anyway.
I would attempt that if it clearly wasn't, by smoothing off the
wood and covering with some suitable gunge, but I know of little
evidence that it makes much difference.

Most practitioners would only apply the gunge in very unusual
circumstances. I'd just try to smooth it a bit as you suggest and if
possible try to shape the cut surface to shed rainwater - otherwise
not a lot you can do.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply