Old 22-03-2004, 07:12 PM
lj

Default Need Pruning help

Hi all,

I know nothing about caring for roses but inherited a rose plant from the
previous owners of my home. Didn't really do anything with it last year and
just noticed the other day that it's pretty overgrown, so much so that it's
taking its trellis down with it. I'm in Boston, we're still going below
freezing at night and some days, though I'm hearing 40s and 50s later this
week. Is this a good time to prune it? How do I go about pruning it and
how far back can I safely cut? And do I need to actually attach it to the
trellis or will it wind around on its own?

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Laura