Old 23-03-2004, 12:20 AM
Franz Heymann

Default FAQs re cats-can't find

"martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:24:48 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:45:53 +0000 (UTC), "Franz

Heymann"
wrote:

"Victoria Clare" wrote in
message

8.209...
"Martin Sykes"

wrote in
:

"Kay Easton" wrote in

message
I have never seen a cat owner carefully scoop the

crap
into a plastic
bag, then hurl the whole lot into the nearest

bush.

...which I agree is disgusting behaviour but you'd
complain even more if
people let their dogs wander around your garden

crapping
in your borders.

Actualy this has happened to me.a number of times.

used
to live on one
of those silly estates that bans using any kind of

fencing
on the front
garden, where the problem was rife and the only

realistic
approach was
robust good humour. Nothing was going to fix it, so

you
might as well be
positive.

Even here, my (hedged) garden has been invaded by
badly-trained dogs, which
not only leave droppings, but do sometimes damage

other
things too.
Last time I ended up with an £80 vet bill for one of

my
rabbits. I accept,
however, that one of my neighbours has a young and

silly
puppy, and they
are doing their best. Mistakes happen.

None of this causes me anything like the distress

(and
expense) I was
caused by bored and badly-trained children in my

last
house.

Oh, and the guy next door plays sentimental 30's

ballads
in his garden,
when I would rather have rock, and his speakers

aren't
up
to much either.

It would be much more fun to torture the neighbour.
Messiaen composed some organ music whuch is totally
cacophonous. The music becomes even more strident and
formless if you are in a position to play it through a

setup
which allows you to switch off the woofer speaker..

The
occupiers of a certain nearby house was in the habit

of
playing moronic pop loudly in their garden, until I

started
annoying them by playing Messiaen organ music in mine

even
more loudly, as organ music should be played.

My image of idyllic retirement in the Dales has just

burst. :-(((

Now tell me, that you get Tornados flying at an

altitude
200' several
times a day

Yes. And they come in pairs. One day one of them is

going
to collide either with the church tower, or with one of

the
dozens of handgliders which grace our skies on both sides

of
the village on a sunny day.

The Tornados occasionally fall out of the sky.

and Embraers from Linton on Ouse doing acrobatics 8

hours
a day.

I don't know about that one.

Little single engined prop planes that look as if they

were designed
for the Battle of Britain, their range seems to extend

from Whitby as
far west as Fountains Abbey. I think they are based at

Linton on Ouse
and Dishforth. We used to get A10 Warthogs flying about

100' above our
heads too.

Well, at least their range does not extend to the upper end
of Wensleydale.

I like the handgliders, They are quiet, colourful and
interesting to watch when I'm tired of fighting weeds in
summer.

Franz

Franz