Old 23-03-2004, 12:21 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default FAQs re cats-can't find

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

And if you want any volume of an orgy of organ, see if you can get a
recording of Havergal Brian's Gothic Symphony - scored for (IIRC) triple
organ and double orchestra.....

That one, if I remember correctly, was used as part of a theme tune, played
years ago on a Children's TV Programme, something to do with "Mrs Black and
her horrible Handbag"

I'd think that was unlikely - I don't think it was performed until
sometime round 1970, mainly because of its vast scale, BICBW.

Whenever I see Maggie Thatcher she always seemed to have a horrible handbag
and it rang bells :-))

Musique concrète, Shirley?

--
Rusty