Old 23-03-2004, 04:02 AM
Grandpa

Default Dahlias in Albuquerque

I've bookmarked the site and will check them out when and if they
growG. I hope they do. Looks like the consensus is a semi shaded
area & easy on the steer manure. I'll amend well with peat moss for
water retention since we have little humidity in the summer, 10%
usually. Soil is clay and sand but often hard as a rock so the peat
moss should help keep it broken up somewhat.

David Hill wrote:

I would be interested to know what varieties these dahlias are ass so many
from the 50's have been lost.
You might be able to match some of them to pictures on this site.
http://www.wgltd.co.uk/