Old 23-03-2004, 09:40 AM
Colonel Bloomer

Default Lack of invertebrates / house sparrows (was Reed Buntings)

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:56:50 -0000, "Christina Websell"
christina.websell@zoomdotcodotuk wrote:

W K wrote in message

"Colonel Bloomer" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:59:32 +0000 (UTC), "W K"
wrote:

"Colonel Bloomer" wrote in message
.. .

Shame the RSPB are not inclined to spend some of our millions and do
some serious research into this decline

They do.

Really! where?

You may have seen, in this thread, mention of a "Kate" researching this.

She is having her research funded in part by the RSPB.
http://www.birdfood.co.uk/cj/project_hssparrow.htm

Indeed, Kate Vincent is/was having her study part funded by BTO/RSPB and
others. After a month of two of arriving in a beat up car, she came in an
RSPB van, with a helper for the hardest summer work from the RSPB.
Dr Peach from RSPB came and clambered into my loft via the bathroom door the
first year to see the sparrows under the eaves, and advise Kate how to go
about studying them.
So, yes, the RSPB are spending money on this..
And as I mentioned just a few days ago, see the house sparrows here studied
for 3 years by Kate, filmed by the RSPB. (soon)

Get the video (or it might be on TV, .not sure yet.)

Have you even read the page at that url?

It's now 2004 you know!