Old 23-03-2004, 03:10 PM

Default Prazi (praziquantel) Help

http://cal.vet.upenn.edu/dxendopar/d...aziquantel.htm
"Parasite Targets: Tapeworms and trematodes.
Mode of action: Modulates cell membrane permeability (calcium dependent), leads to a
disintegration of the tapeworm’s tegument."

this medication is given as injection or orally to kill tapeworms and trematodes in
dogs and cats and "the drug of choice for all forms of schistosomiasis occurring in
humans. The report gives particular attention to questions of access for people in
the world's poorest countries in Africa where schistosomiasis is endemic. The
analysis of praziquantel"

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~day/r...esistance.html
its overuse is leading to resistance.

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/BODY_VM108
"Treatment of Internal Parasitism
Although tapeworms have not been discussed, the practitioner should be aware that
praziquantel is extremely effective in fish and can be delivered as a bath (10 mg/L
for three hours) or in a medicated food (100 mg/25g food, daily for seven days).
Praziquantel is also effective against monogenetic trematodes, and there are
anecdotal reports that it has some efficacy against degenetic trematodes as well."

It is a treatment for internal tapeworms. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.